Airline in further recruitment push at ITB with its A380-modified stand
DUBAI, UAE - 08 March 2011- The number of Emirates' cabin crew has, for the first time, risen to over 12,000 as the airline positions itself for continuing steady growth.
Emirates is currently in full recruitment mode across all six continents where it flies, looking to hire 4,000 cabin crew in the 2011/12 financial year.
At this week’s ITB in Berlin, which runs from 9th-13th March, Emirates will continue its recruitment push as it seeks German-speaking cabin crew to join the growing Emirates' team.
Emirates' cabin crew is comprised of 131 nationalities, speaking more than 80 different languages. Currently, the airline has 152 aircraft in its fleet, including 15 A380s. A further 200 planes are on order, 75 of which are the superjumbos. Since being introduced into the Emirates' fleet in July 2008, more than 4 million passengers have experienced the super-quiet double decker. The airline's 15 A380 aircraft are supported by nearly 300 pilots and more than 2,000 cabin crew.
Amongst the aircraft's many talking points are the Onboard Lounge, where an extensive range of beverages are served for the full length of a flight and the Onboard Shower Spas, each maintained to the highest standards by a dedicated member of staff.
This year, the Emirates Globe stand has been modified for ITB, bringing the strongest A380 experience yet to the world's largest travel trade show. Life-size replicas of the A380 Onboard Shower Spa and Onboard Lounge have been incorporated into the giant rotating structure and thousands of visitors are expected.
"The Emirates Globe is already a stand to be admired in the travel and tourism industry and now it's even better, bringing the very best of the A380 right into the heart of the biggest travel trade fair in the world,” said Tim Clark, President of Emirates Airline. “At the same time, with our recruitment presence on-site, we will be looking to attract more cabin crew to be part of the Emirates' success story and to support our growing fleet of modern aircraft, including, of course, our flagship A380."
Carrying approximately 85,000 passengers each day throughout the 2010/11 financial year, Emirates now flies to 111 destinations in 66 countries. Three new passenger destinations have been announced so far this year; Basra in Iraq, which launched 2nd February, Geneva, starting 1st June and Copenhagen, beginning 1st August.
Emirates Globe Fast Facts:
• Triple deck stand – 9.5m high
• Triple deck stand – 9.5m high
• Total floor space: more than 1,000 sq metre
• Exterior panels: 330, 191 of which are transparent
• Stand total weight: 150,000 kilogrammes
• Ground floor display area - life-size replicas of the A380 Onboard Shower Spa, Onboard Lounge, First Class Private Suite, 33 plasma screens
• First floor: 330 sq metre hospitality area, seating for 72 guests, 2 meeting rooms, bar and catering
• Top floor: 300 sq metre ‘VIP’ hospitality with seating for 43 guests, bar and catering
• 2 fully functional kitchens
• Live reservations facility
• 5,500 individual bolts
• 650 individual light fittings
• 135 miles of electrical cabling