Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Construction worker wins 1 million with Etisalat’s ’24 Millionaires’ campaign


Abu Dhabi, October 14, 2009: 28-year-old construction worker, Ana Ahmed struck gold when he won a million this week with Etisalat’s ‘24 Millionaires’ promotion. Two winners, Indian and Bangladeshi nationals, N V Saju and Ana Ahmed scooped the cash prize of AED 1 million each in the seventh weekly draw of the promotion.
Ana Ahmed, a Bangladeshi labourer in Dubai was barely getting by working at construction sites and is now the first lucky millionaire this week who recharged his Wasel credit to talk to his family in Bangladesh. “My mother has been very ill and I cannot afford frequent calls to Bangladesh, but this single recharge has now changed my life. I haven’t visited my country to meet my family for four years after moving to the UAE but I will be able to celebrate Eid al Adha with them this year. I thank God and Etisalat for making it possible.”

“With the prize money, I first want to help some of my friends and family members here and in Bangladesh, donate towards children’s education in my hometown and then plan for my own future.”
For the second winner this week, NV Saju, at 47, the first win in his life has come after 11 years of his stay in the UAE, since 1987, "I have never won anything all my life and this is God’s graciousness upon me. I couldn’t believe it when the Etisalat officials called me to break the news. My family has just moved back to India and they were thrilled on hearing about the one million win. I want to thank God for this gift and for paving the way through Etisalat to shower this blessing upon me.”
A grieved father of a son who passed away eleven years ago, Saju said that he planned to contribute a sizeable portion of the prize money towards charity. “In the memory of my son, I want to open a charitable trust in my hometown, Kerala, back in India”.
This draw marks AED 14 million that have been handed over as cash prizes to 14 lucky winners in the past seven weeks including UAE Nationals as well as foreign residents and visitors to the UAE. The campaign continues till 14th November to award ten more lucky Etisalat Wasel subscribers who recharge their mobile credit balance anytime from now till that date.

Etisalat announced the two winning names after the electronic draw held for all Wasel subscribers who charged their mobile credit during the last week. The draw was conducted in the presence of a senior member from the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce.

Besides the chance to become millionaires, customers will also benefit from additional free credit on each Wasel recharge that can be used for all calls and SMS (local & international). In addition, new Wasel customers or customers renewing their Wasel accounts will get 100% cash back credited to their account.

Customers can also gain additional chances to participate in the weekly draw, depending on the recharge amount. A higher recharge denomination will ensure more entries in the weekly draw as follows:
· Recharging by AED 25 till 49, gets 1 chance in the draw
· Recharging by AED 50 till 99, gets 3 chances in the draw
· Recharging by AED 100 till 199, gets 6 chances in the draw
· Recharging by AED 200 till 499, gets 12 chances in the draw
· Recharging by AED 500 and above , gets 20 chances in the draw

Customers can use Prepaid Calling Card, eVoucher, Etisalat website, Emirates Post, Banks, Mobile Payment, Public Payment Machine, or any other means of payment, for recharging their Wasel cards.

For further information, please visit our website http://www.etisalat.ae/ or call 101.

No comments: