Cisco to Collaborate with Etisalat on Multiple Workstreams with the Aim of Enhancing Etisalat’s
Customer Experience across its 18 Footprint Countries
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, December 12th, 2011 – Cisco, a leading global information and
communications technology (ICT) company and Etisalat, a leading operator in Middle East and
Africa, announced today the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to map all
strategic mutual objectives between Cisco and Etisalat and a Global Frame Agreement to cover all of
Etisalat’s Affiliates for buying Cisco products and services across Etisalat’s 18 footprint countries*.
The signing ceremony was held at Etisalat Headquarters in Abu Dhabi and was attended by H.E.
Ahmad Abdul Karim Julfar, Etisalat Group Chief Executive Officer and Duncan Mitchell, Senior
Vice President, Cisco Emerging Markets. The delegation also included Wayne Hull, Director and
General Manager, Cisco UAE and Mohammed Tantawi, Regional Manager, Cisco UAE.
• As part of the agreement Etisalat and Cisco intend to work together towards a beneficial
business relationship to successfully enhance and extend Etisalat business including
Wireline, Mobile, Managed Services and Data Centre Technology.
• The agreement will also aim to improve Etisalat’s customer experience and satisfaction by
collaborating with Cisco to bring thought leadership from worldwide service providers.
• Cisco and Etisalat will explore opportunities to increase the level of Managed Services
business by optimizing the current process across all areas of the business solutions,
reducing the time to market and aligning closer on key opportunities. This includes
increasing Etisalat’s potential market opportunity in the small and medium enterprise (SME)
• Cisco will collaborate with Etisalat to help build a high level strategic articulation and a
comprehensive framework for Cloud services based on the specific countries of presence
• Cisco will also support Etisalat to stay at the forefront of technological updates and market
transformations to help Etisalat harness new trends and translate them into new business
opportunities. Cisco will help provide Etisalat with leading products and services to build
their Next Generation IP Network.
• Through this agreement, Etisalat will explore utilizing Cisco’s services to lower total cost of
network ownership, increase network availability, improve business agility and facilitate
faster time to market. This includes exploring the group’s wide deployment and utilization
of Cisco’s Network Optimization Services.