|Raja Abdulkhader, Director Line Investment & Properties, Aboobacker AM, GM, Madinat Zayed Shopping Center, Muhammed Ghasan, PR Manager and V. Nandakumar, Corporate Communcations Manager of EMKE Group at the media conference|
Abu Dhabi: One of the iconic retail landmarks of Abu Dhabi city, the Madinat Zayed
Shopping Center & Gold Souk is proving to be a big hit with the residents of city. One
of the first shopping destinations in Abu Dhabi was recently re-launched after a major
expansion, which saw an addition of more than 70 new stores and food outlets. Being
managed by Line Investment & Properties, a division of EMKE Group, the shopping Center
also added the group's flagship LULU Hypermarket as it's anchor store.
Speaking to media personnel during a press conference Raja Abdulkhader, Director of
Line Investment & Properties said "this mall has been part of the tradition of Abu Dhabi
and we wanted to make it even more convenient and vibrant for the resident s and tourists
alike. It has always been our endeavor to bring world class shopping & leisure options to
the large cosmopolitan population of this great city.”
Located literally at the heart of Abu Dhabi, the mall has many advantages like easy
access, convenient parking for around 1600 cars, access to public transport, etc which
makes it a great family destination for weekdays and weekends alike.
“We have added around 70 new stores and food outlets through this extension and now
we have more than 460 outlets making Madinat Zayed shopping center the mall with most
retail options for the shoppers in Abu Dhabi” added Aboobacker AM, General Manager of
the mall said.
With its unique souk like ambience and huge variety of offerings from local & Arabic
garments & accessories to international brands, home décor and electronic gadgets
to multi-cuisine food outlets and all new Family Entertainment Center, Madinat Zayed
Shopping Center is sure to be the family destination of Abu Dhabi.
Aboobacker further added that “our main emphasis was on bringing more convenience
and variety and that’s what shoppers will find in our new extension apart from the huge
range of Jewellery stores in our Gold souk. Restaurants such as De Thali, Tanjara are
already popular with our shoppers here and with opening of new fine dining concepts in
next few days we are confident of being the natural choice for the food lovers.”
Starting this weekend the mall is also launching “MEHARJAAN”, the weekend family fun
& cultural show. Elaborating this Nandakumar V, Corporate Communications Manager of
the Group said “it will month long weekend event at the food court area and will showcase
a wide variety of Arabic and Middle Eastern dances, magic shows, games & competitions
where the visitors could win hundred of fabulous prizes. This is targeted at both the kids as
well as the parents in line with our theme of providing family entertainment.”
Facts / Figures about Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre, Gold Centre & New Extension.
· Managed by Line Investment & Properties, A division of EMKE Group
· TOTAL AREA BEFORE EXTENSION: 660,000 Sq.ft Area. ( 62,000 m²)
· New Extension is 385,000 Sq.ft Area. (36,000 m²)
· Total area after extension is more than 1 Million sq. ft.
· 320 Nos. shops are locate in Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre.
· 70 Nos. Gold shops are located in Gold Centre.
· 70 Nos. New Shops are located in Madinat Zayed Extension.
· With 460 outlets total Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre & Gold Centre become the biggest
number of retail outlets in a shopping mall in Abu Dhabi.
· Lulu Hypermarket is 120,000/- Sq.ft area
· Entertainment area Wanasa Land is 12,000/- Sq.ft.
· Party Hall 2,500 Sq.ft. ( 250 persons capacity)
· We have 14 Fast Food Outlets in the food court area. ( De-Thali, Tanjara, Saravana Bhavan,
+2 new outlets are opening soon)
· We have 5 nos. Fine Dine restaurants located in food court area.
· Food Court Sitting capacity is 2000 persons.
· Car parking : 1500 nos. car parking facility is for existing Shopping Centre & Gold Centre.
· 80 nos. new Car Parking created for the New Extension.
· Major Anchor Stores are :-
Abu Dhabi Co-op Society.
Al Jazeera Group Jewellery (20 Outlets are located in Gold Centre).
Salem Al Shouibi Jewellery (Biggest Jewellery) is located in Gold Centre.